NDIS is working with NDIS participants, service providers, workers and the community to introduce a new nationally consistent approach so participants can access services and supports that promote choice, control and dignity.
During 1 January and 1 March 2022, NDIS received 1,897 complaints during the reporting period.
The NDIS Commission manages complaints and reportable incidents in connection with support and services delivered by NDIS providers and their workers. Behaviour Support Plans, including the use of restrictive practices, must also be lodged with the NDIS Commission.
Taken from the NDIS ACTIVITY REPORT 1 January to 31 March 2022:
- responds to concerns, complaints and reportable incidents, including abuse and neglect of NDIS participants
- promotes the NDIS principles of choice and control, and works to empower participants to exercise their rights to access quality services as informed, protected consumers
- requires NDIS providers to uphold participants’ rights to be free from harm
- registers and regulates NDIS providers and oversees the new NDIS Code of Conduct and NDIS Practice Standards
- provides guidance and best practice information to NDIS providers on how to comply with their registration responsibilities
- monitors compliance against the NDIS Code of Conduct and NDIS Practice Standards, including undertaking investigations and taking enforcement action
- monitors the use of restrictive practices within the NDIS with the aim of reducing and eliminating such practices
- is working in collaboration with states and territories to implement nationally consistent NDIS worker screening
- focuses on education, capacity building and development for people with disability, NDIS providers and workers
- facilitates information sharing with the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), state and territory authorities and other Commonwealth regulatory bodies.
Registered providers are required to notify the NDIS Commission of specific serious incidents, including allegations that occur in connection with the provision of NDIS supports and services. The NDIS Commission oversees the response and management of reportable incidents by registered NDIS providers to determine whether they are meeting their obligations to uphold the rights and promote the health, safety and well-being of people with disability. The number of reports received does not correlate to the number of actual instances of harm to a person with a disability. Reports may include multiple notifications of the same matter, allegations of incidents, and situations where incidents occurred, but harm to the person was avoided.
Please call a Datanova Digital Business Solution Architect on 1300 552 166 and book your complimentary Webinar or alternatively send an email to Datanova. You can book a webinar straight from our booking form here and we will get back to you shortly.[
The FlowLogic system has the capacity to report upon a variety of feedback and complaints from both staff and clients alike. The system has a prebuilt Incident – Accident – Near miss report built to allow staff to real-time submit incidents the second they occur with optional notifications then being sent to the administration team instantly to further review and report to the NDIA within the 24-hour timeframe.
Another optional extra is our WebFlow connection which directly integrates with pre-existing provider websites to receive feedback and complaints. Once submitted the WebFlow connection submits this data directly into the FlowLogic system which then follows the above notifications to the admin team for a 24-hour turnaround.
An optional extra of the FlowLogic package allows participants to directly provide feedback and complaints via our Client portal FlowPoint. The portal can provide clients with predetermined questions from the provider themselves as well as an optional free text message allowing the participant to express their honest opinions.
Please call a Datanova Digital Business Solution Architect on 1300 552 166 and book your complimentary Webinar or alternatively send an email to Datanova. You can book a webinar straight from our booking form here and we will get back to you shortly.